Röhm launches DEGALAN® proTerra, a sustainable product range for the coating and adhesives industry
- DEGALAN® proTerra is partially made from recycled PMMA (polymethylmethacrylate), which supports the circular economy aspect
- The products offer a reduced product carbon footprint (CO2 emission) and contribute to climate protection
Running a business responsibly and sustainably requires effective measures to protect the climate and resources, which is why we at Röhm have set ambitious goals for ourselves.
We aim for zero: We want to achieve zero Greenhouse Gas emissions (GHG) by 2050 and want to contribute to circular economy. This ambition is shared by more and more players in the coatings and adhesives industry.
Achieving such sustainability goals requires pooling every effort and endeavour across the entire value chain. We are going to use technological innovation and capital investment to tailor our processes to ever more environmentally friendly production methods.
The use of renewable raw materials and energies, and increasing use of recycled materials are important levers to reduce our carbon footprint and promote the circular economy.
Understanding the demand from customers, investors and society has led to developing our new DEGALAN® proTerra product range. We are making a difference in the coatings and adhesives industry to protect the climate and save resources.
Benefits of DEGALAN® proTerra LP 64/12 in comparison to established resins made from virgin, fossil-based raw materials:
- 35% material from recycled PMMA support the circular economy aspect
- Approx. 15% product carbon footprint (CO2 emission) reduction contributes to climate protection
Sustainable drop-in alternative for solvent-born coatings with:
- reduced carbon footprint (CO2 emissions)
- use of circular material
- high solids with low solvent content
- low viscosity and quick drying
- excellent weatherability and appearance
With 3,500 employees and 13 production sites worldwide, Röhm is one of the leading manufacturers in the methacrylate business. The medium-sized company with branches in Germany, China, the USA, Mexico, and South Africa has 90 years of experience in methacrylate chemistry and a strong technology platform. Our best-known brands include PLEXIGLAS®, ACRYLITE®, MERACRYL®, DEGALAN®, DEGAROUTE® and CYROLITE®.
More information is available at www.roehm.com
Manager Business Management
Phone +49 6151 863-7217