Röhm launches DEGALAN® proTerra, a sustainable product range for the coating and adhesives industry
- DEGALAN® proTerra is partially made from recycled PMMA (polymethylmethacrylate), which supports the circular economy aspect
- The products offer a reduced product carbon footprint (CO2 emission) and contribute to climate protection
Running a business responsibly and sustainably requires effective measures to protect the climate and resources, which is why we at Röhm have set ambitious goals for ourselves.
We aim for zero: We want to achieve zero Greenhouse Gas emissions (GHG) by 2050 and want to contribute to circular economy. This ambition is shared by more and more players in the coatings and adhesives industry.
Achieving such sustainability goals requires pooling every effort and endeavour across the entire value chain. We are going to use technological innovation and capital investment to tailor our processes to ever more environmentally friendly production methods.
The use of renewable raw materials and energies, and increasing use of recycled materials are important levers to reduce our carbon footprint and promote the circular economy.
Understanding the demand from customers, investors and society has led to developing our new DEGALAN® proTerra product range. We are making a difference in the coatings and adhesives industry to protect the climate and save resources.
Benefits of DEGALAN® proTerra LP 64/12 in comparison to established resins made from virgin, fossil-based raw materials:
- 35% material from recycled PMMA support the circular economy aspect
- Approx. 15% product carbon footprint (CO2 emission) reduction contributes to climate protection
Sustainable drop-in alternative for solvent-born coatings with:
- reduced carbon footprint (CO2 emissions)
- use of circular material
- high solids with low solvent content
- low viscosity and quick drying
- excellent weatherability and appearance
Röhm gehört mit 3.500 Mitarbeitenden und weltweit 13 Produktionsstandorten zu den führenden Herstellern im Methacrylat-Geschäft. Das mittelständische Unternehmen mit Standorten in Deutschland, China, den USA, Mexiko und Südafrika verfügt über 90 Jahre Erfahrung in der Methacrylat-Chemie und eine starke Technologie-Plattform. Zu unseren bekannten Marken gehören PLEXIGLAS®, ACRYLITE®, MERACRYL®, DEGALAN®, DEGAROUTE® und CYROLITE®.
Weitere Informationen unter www.roehm.com
Manager Business Management
Tel. +49 6151 863-7217